Sunday, October 19, 2008

~Olde-Thyme Simples~

I am shaking things up a bit...I am going back to ~Olde-Thyme Simples~ for a while. I had so much FUN making this Vintage style Santa, he some-what reminds me of a Belsnickle. I am so happy with the way that he turned out and pictures do not do him justice...

Santa is 10 inches tall and is made of aged osnaburg. His suit and hat are made of stained wool felt, trimmed out in cream colored wool felt and all handstitched in place... He has some trim up the front, with rusty pins and bells attached for added detail...
His eyes and lips are stitched with floss and his hair, is of the finest...alpac fiber and is all securely needle felted in place. His hair is all the way around, so no bare head in the back. I have also trimmed his hat with some wired silver tinsel...
I have made for Santa a neat little garland, that he holds in his "wired" arms. The stars are made with REAL German glass glitter and will tarnish over time, for a thyme worn look. His arms are pose-able and the garland is removable...
He does stand, with a wee-bit of help...I proped him up against the cupboard and jugs for the pictures. I have also made a little hanger in the back, if you should want to hang him. I do have more then one available and may also list them on ebay in time...

Santa is a Back Porch Pickins Original and will arrive packed beautifully, signed and dated. As alway...with a little something extra to make you smile. If you should want to purchase My Olde-Thyme Simple Santa he is $40.00 plus $4.80 with Priority shipping and Delivery Confirmation, with in the U.S.

I am trying to save time and I am only ship out once a week...this week it is Thursday. Thanks so much for stopping by. Blessings to you, ~Tonya

1 comment:

PEA said...

Adorable my friend. I love the olde thyme simples.
Blessings,Pea